What is face serum: Everything you need to know
Are you new to integrating serums into your routine? Well you’ve come to the right place.
Information on standard moisturisers and face creams is readily available, but what about serums? What’s so special about serums? And HOW can they give you brighter and more radiant skin, all while perfecting your skincare regime?
Read on to learn about the power of face serums and why BOOST LAB’s scientifically created solutions are the ideal way to get the glow you’ve been searching for.What is face serum and what does it do?
A face serum is like a supercharged moisturiser. They are lighter weight than moisturisers but they have a much higher concentration of active ingredients – these typically include hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid and vitamin C.
Face serums are a product of choice if you want to manage specific skincare concerns, like fine lines, blemishes and wrinkles. The best part about face serums? They are thinner than standard moisturisers - meaning they are ideal for layering during your normal skincare regimen.7 reasons you should use a face serum
Now that we’ve covered what a face serum is, let’s dive into why we choose to wear them everyday. Here are just a few of our favourite reasons:
- Get rid of dark spots: Using a dedicated face serum like our Brightening Serum helps to minimise the appearance of dark spots, giving you a fresh and brighter glow.
- Reinvigorate dull skin: No one needs to know we’re missing a few (hours) of sleep. A high-quality Hydro Boost Serum can revitalise dull skin for a healthy glow.
- Minimise the appearance of wrinkles: A hydrating solution like our Anti-Age Serum will plump up skin quickly to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines over time.
- Revitalised skin: A Night Renewal Serum will work to invigorate your skin for firmness and elasticity.
- Manage pimple-prone skin: Almost everyone deals with the effects of pimple-prone skin, and it can be VERY frustrating when you get a surprise pimple. Blemish Rescue Serum is a pimple-managing face serum that’s easy to apply and fights blemishes at their source.
- Better exfoliation: Daily exfoliation helps remove old skin cells and opens up the new, fresh layers beneath. By adding a face serum like our Resurfacing Serum to your routine, you can take exfoliation to the next level without irritating sensitive skin.
- Targeted help: Do you get eye bags no matter how many hours you sleep? We do too. Our Eye Reset Serum works around your eye contour to reveal awake and bright eyes with regular use (PLUS it helps with wrinkles).
Face serums are the perfect weapon in your skincare arsenal because their ingredients are made up of tiny molecules that penetrate the skin easily and deeply, delivering a high dose of active ingredients where they are needed most.
So what does this mean for you? It means the right face serums can target a variety of common skin concerns, including:
- Pimple-prone skin
- Fine lines
- Dark circles
- Dull and dry skin
Face serums tighten your pores, even out your skin tone and even act as a barrier against pollution. Say farewell to the signs of ageing!What skin types can benefit from a face serum?
Due to their high concentration and potency, face serums are the best way to target common concerns across all skin types. But it’s important to choose the right serum for your particular needs. Face serums aren’t an all-in-one solution. That’s why BOOST LAB has created a wide variety of products to target specific skin concerns.
Looking for a face serum that provides high-impact moisturisation? Then choose a hydrating serum that contains hyaluronic acid and peptide. Hyaluronic acid is what keeps skin looking plump and glowing, and it allows your skin to repair itself faster.
Or if anti-ageing is your main concern, then find a face serum that contains retinoids which increase skin-cell turnover, as well as glycolic acid and vitamin C.
When you want to address your skin concerns and find a product that will penetrate your skin on a much deeper level than typical moisturisers, go for a face serum. You can explore all the BOOST LAB products to find the right one for your routine, and get plenty of inspo from our blog to improve your skincare routine and enjoy a better complexion.
for supercharged results.
5 star serums
at 3 star prices.
Hyper targeted solutions, with gold standard ingredients.