7 Tips For Getting Rid of Uneven Skin Tone
Do you Find Yourself Experiencing Uneven Skin Tone? Ready to Even Out Your Skin and Get That Radiant Glow You’ve Always Wanted? We’ve Got the Answers Right Here.
So you’ve got a full complement of beauty supplies and a comprehensive daily regime that you never deviate from – but still you find yourself experiencing uneven skin tone. There are many reasons why your skin tone may be uneven, from too much sun to air pollution or even your hormones.
Ready to even out your skin and get that radiant glow you’ve always wanted? We’ve got the answers right here.
What is an uneven skin tone?
Also known as hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone is typically seen as a darkening of the skin. This darkening is caused when melanin – which is the pigment responsible for your hair and skin colour – is overproduced. This leads to dark splotchy patches and spots on your skin that can ultimately look like early ageing.
What causes my uneven skin tone?
No one wants to see dark, uneven marks on their skin, and there are a few different reasons why you might be experiencing it.
- Too much sun: Repeated exposure to sunshine – i.e. UV light – usually leads to your skin being sun-damaged. Brown and uneven spots tend to develop because the UV makes your body produce extra melanin for added sun protection.
- Pollution particles: Everyday pollutants in the air – like smoke particles and gases – can penetrate your skin’s surface and lead to the formation of uneven marks, especially around your face.
- Hormonal response: Increased hormone stimulation is relatively common and can lead to melasma, a hormone-related hyperpigmentation.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This is a darkening of the skin due to scarring and can be caused by acne lesions or skin injuries.
7 tips for getting rid of uneven skin tone
Now that you know what might be causing your uneven skin tone, it’s time to find a solution. Here are seven helpful tips for evening out your skin and recapturing your natural glow:
- Use sunscreen (with high SPF) every day: It doesn’t matter if it’s cloudy outside – UV rays can still get through! Unprotected sun exposure is the biggest culprit of uneven skin tone, so make sure you apply a sunscreen of with least SPF 30 daily.
- Regularly cleanse and moisturise your skin: Make sure you’re cleansing and moisturising your face twice a day – and don’t go to bed still wearing makeup! Moisturising is essential because it replenishes the depleted minerals while helping to keep your skin hydrated. More importantly, it protects against the various elements that cause ageing and uneven skin tone.
Don’t forget to exfoliate: If you have existing hyperpigmentation, you’ll want to first exfoliate away any dead, dull skin cells on the surface. This allows the ingredients in your serums – like our Resurfacing Serum – and moisturisers to better penetrate your skin.
- Use a toner: After cleansing your face, use a toner to help hydrate your skin, leaving it clean, bright and healthy.
Try using serums: BOOST Lab has scientifically formulated a range of serums to help with uneven skin tone. Our Vitamin C-infused Brightening Serum is ideal for smoothing out skin tones, while the Hydro Boost Serum has Hyaluronic Acid that will draw moisture into your skin. Our Night Renewal Serum uses powerful Retinol to refine your skin’s texture, and our Resurfacing Serum contains AHAs and BHAs that will work to buff away dead skin cells that are clogging up your pores.
- Patience is a virtue: Unfortunately, there’s no overnight fix for uneven skin tone. In many cases it will take at least 30 days of implementing a new skincare regime before you will see obvious progress. So don’t give up!
- Look for the most useful ingredients: When shopping around for the best skincare products, look for those containing Activated Charcoal (to help remove pollutants), Oligopeptides, Niacinamide, Retinol and Zinc Glycinate, which helps control melanin production.
without the supercharged price.
Dermatologically tested on sensitive skin.
Award winning serums all only $29.95 each.
Your cart is currently empty.Start Shopping